Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town that celebrates Halloween 365 days a year.
Jayne Frost is a lot of things. Winter elf, Jack Frost’s daughter, Santa Claus’s niece, heir to the Winter Throne and now…private investigator. Sort of.
When she buys a sealed box at an estate sale and cat-related circumstances cause that box to be opened, life in Nocturne Falls starts to go haywire. Jayne has no choice but to figure out what she unleashed and how to recapture it.
But Jayne suspects the woman behind the box is hiding something. Something that could cause a town resident serious trouble. Or worse, to lose their life.
With the help of her two favorite guys, a sexy vampire and a hot summer elf, and a few new friends, Jayne tackles what feels like an impossible mission. And winds up almost iced herself.
Characters appeared in order Edit
- Jayne Frost
- Cooper Sullivan
- Greyson Garrett
- Birdie Caruthers
- Jenna Blythe
- Hugh Ellingham
- Delaney Ellingham
- Corette Williams
- Bridgett Merrow
- Titus Merrow
- Sam Kincaid
- Pandora Williams
- Hank Merrow
Characters Mentioned Edit
- Alice Bishop
- Elenora Ellingham
- Charlie Merrow
- Marigold Williams
- Cole Van Zant
- Kaley Van Zant
The sections beyond this point contain spoilers. It is suggested you first read the book before continuing to read on this page.
Jayne's Wishes Edit
- Unlimited Supply of Dr. Pepper
- Ability for Spider to talk
- Cast a truth spell over Francine Gresham lasting permanently.
- To make right all the tricks he played on the town. No more Dr. Pepper pouring over the falls, No more black wedding dresses, no more fishy smell. Nothing. Put it back to the way he found it.*
*The fourth wish was a result of bargain between Jayne and Blueberry, the imp, to find him a better place to live besides the box he had been trapped in as long as he promised not to play any more tricks on anyone.
Mischief caused by Blueberry the Imp (in order mentioned) Edit
- Piper Hodge turned blue after a shower.
- Mascot of Ricky's Chicken got stuck on a roof.
- All dresses in Ever After turned black.
- The magical falls that provide the spelled water turned into Dr. Pepper.
- (Unverified) Irate customer returning puzzles to Santa's Workshop that weren't purchased there.
- Engine #1 stuck on the roof of the fire station.
- All signs on Main Street reversed with exception of Santa's Workshop.
- Gargoyle fountain spewing snow
- Gym at elementary school filled with frogs
- Fire hydrant on Broom oozing lime jello
- Air in Nocturne Falls smells like week old tuna
- 3 Side streets covered in yellow slime
- Dog in the local dog park changed to the size of an elephant
- Loud popping noise is designed for nothing but startling people